– With incredible anti-inflammatory properties, it also helps minimizing the odds of getting scalp infections.
– Heart diseases: Dark chocolate contains antioxidants such as flavanoids. Antioxidants are the best elements that a body can receive or produce as they have the capacity to prevent ageing by free radicals that can also cause heart diseases.
– Blood sugar levels: It is hard to believe that a sugar enriched substance can balance the blood sugar levels but it is true! The amount of sugar in dark chocolate does not affect your body much as its glycemic index is low. And the flavanoids that it is enriched with aids the influence that insulin offers on the sugar levels.
– Cholesterol: It is no myth that cholesterol clogs the veins and arteries and doesn’t let them function normally. But dark chocolate serves to reduce LDL (bad cholesterol) levels in the arteries and heart.
– Mood improver: Stress is a bad factor and one should steer clear of it as much as possible! The contents of dark chocolate help in the production of endorphins which are produced by the brain cells and are known to alleviate the mood. It stimulates the brain cells and is known to relax a person.
– Skin Protection: The content of Flavanoids in the dark chocolate has been found to have positive effects on the body. One such effect is providing protection against the harmful UV rays of the Sun.
– Stroke Prevention: The increased levels of flavanoids like epicatechin are known to protect the brain against strokes. This is found in dark chocolate in a good quantity. The nerve cells of people consuming dark chocolate are less prone to a stroke as compared to people who do not consume dark chocolate.
– Anemia cure: The flavanoids in dark chocolate also help in curing anemia and providing a treatment to those with a poor diet.
– Eyesight Improvement: Studies have also shown that the flavanoids in dark chocolate help to improve blood flow to the brain. This further helps improve eyesight also on account of better blood flow.
– Cognitive function: The cognitive function in the human body is enhanced with the consumption of dark chocolate as it improves the blood flow to the brain.
– Blood pressure: Dark chocolate is rich in minerals such as copper and magnesium which are responsible for keeping the blood pressure normal especially in case of people with excessive fluctuation in their BP