Talking about healthy food to young children is not easy, but Erica D’Angelo has been given the opportunity by a local school to teach 4 and 5 years old about fresh food…
Why teach nutrition education to young children? Because the benefits are too valuable not to. From students making healthier choices to improved academic performance, nutrition education can benefit the whole school, but starting from the very young ones helps them cement experiences in their memories. The aim is to reinforce important values about healthy lifestyle, in a simple way with fun and engaging material.
Erica D’Angelo has been given the opportunity to carry out a 7 step program, where children are going to be involved in exploring raw raw and fresh food, by one of the most prestigious private school of Merate. Collegio Villoresi is a pioneer in experimenting new techniques and learning to experiment, in fact they are famous for having an English mother tongue Teacher that speaks only english to pupils.
“I’m very fortunate to be able to bring conscious healthy activities in children’s classes, it gives me plenty of energy and satisfaction. In fact, I realized that the class gets really excited about it, and it’s such an important part of teaching healthy food choices. Many more good reasons came up during the first lesson and I wanted to share some of them:
- Pupils love studying about nutrition. During lessons wrong beliefs about food can be corrected.
- The greatest thing I notice is that the pupils encourage each other to develop healthier eating habits.
- The benefits of nutrition education reach far beyond the classroom as also teachers are encouraged in finding out more about fruits and vegetables. It’s amazing how little students know about good nutrition, it’s very gratifying to know you opened their eyes through these lessons to the world of healthier eating and hopefully better overall health.
- Students put nutrition education to the test in real-life situations. I think it’s amazing that children can be involved in food shopping at the grocery store to recognize what they have learned during the class.
- 5 and 6 year olds are definitely not too young to learn about nutrition lessons as it provides essential education that can lead to more academic success. Good nutrition equals a happy and more successful pupil.”
ultima modifica: 2016-12-27T08:49:40+00:00